The Leader in Toronto Area Auto Repair For Over 40 Years
Cochrane Automotive is a family owned auto repair shop in Etobicoke (west end of Toronto), providing excellent service to Mississauga and the GTA since 1972.
In 1972 John Cochrane started Cochrane Automotive to provide the best auto repair and maintenance in the Toronto area. John Cochrane is the owner and founder of Cochrane Automotive. He also operates Cochrane Training Services, which provides ongoing training to update technicians on the latest technology in order to better serve customers’ needs in the 21st century.
John has been a licensed Class A technician since 1967 and guarantees everyone at Cochrane Automotive gives the best auto repair service around. John has received numerous awards and recognition for his outstanding character and his leadership in the community. He also serves on many boards and organizations in the automotive industry, including the Automotive Industries Association of Canada. In his free time, John enjoys his membership in the Nectar Wine Society and running marathons.
- Founder of the Lindertech Automotive Technical Training and Education Conference which focuses on “advanced” training for automotive technicians that technicians require to repair the complicated problems found in today’s high tech vehicles.
- Member of the Stakeholder Working Group representing the Automotive Industries Association to assist the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario on the modernization of the Motor Vehicle Inspection Station Program
- Recipient of the 2012 Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal which was created to recognize significant contributions of automotive industry professionals who have distinguished themselves as highly respected community leaders.
- Recipient of the 2010 Distinguished Service Award which recognizes outstanding leadership and personal contribution to the growth and development of Canada’s Automotive Industry.
- Member of the Drive Clean Advisory Board
- Past Chairman of the Board for the Automotive Industries Association of Canada
- Past Editor of the weekly column “Auto Talk” in the Driver’s Edge section of the National Post Newspaper serving the Greater Toronto Area.
CAA FACILITY OF THE YEAR 2015
Rex Cawagas joined Cochrane Automotive in July 2014. His bio will be available shortly.
Johnny Nunzi has been a licensed Class A Toronto auto repair technician since 1983. He started helping his father after school and on weekends in their family owned repair shop when he was 12 years old. He worked in the family business first as a technician and then managing it for his father until joining Cochrane Automotive in Oct. 2010. Johnny’s first priority is taking care of the customer.
Roy Cornish has been a licensed Class A Toronto auto repair technician since 1967 and he is also a Drive Clean Inspector. Roy grew up helping his father in the family auto repair business and operated his own shop for over 30 years. Roy joined Cochrane Automotive in June 2007 and is an avid motorcycle enthusiast.
Tony Palermo has been a licensed Class A Toronto auto repair technician since 1981. He is also a Drive Clean Inspector and Repair Technician. Tony started in 2002 and is our resident OEM factory scan tool genius.
Gary Aitchison has been a licensed Class A Toronto auto repair technician since 1977. He is also a Drive Clean Inspector and Repair Technician. Gary worked with his father as a technician for many years in a family auto repair business and he joined Cochrane Automotive in 2001. Gary’s specialty is diagnostics.
Ju has been in the industry for 6 years and has just completed his Automotive Technician apprenticeship. He is a Certified Drive Clean Inspector and Air Conditioning Repair/Inspector. He is also a tire expert, having completed several tire & track courses. He is a European car enthusiast and a member of various performance car clubs. In other words he’s a total “Car Guy.”
Our Commitment to Training
Cochrane Automotive is renowned for our commitment to high-quality, current, advanced training for our staff. We require our technicians to attend regular courses to keep updated on all of the new technology that vehicles are equipped with. Technicians and Service Advisors commit to many hours of day and night training from automotive industry leaders. It’s the real-world training that today’s technicians need to repair the complicated problems found in today’s vehicles. Our shop has most of the “Original Equipment” (OE) scan tools that the car dealerships have, so customers do not have to go back to the dealer to get the various modules in their vehicle reprogrammed. This makes our shop a one-stop shop.
- CAA Approved for over 35 years.
- Drive Clean Test and Repair Center
- Vehicle Security Professional
- Be Car Care Aware
- Ministry of Transportation Vehicle Inspection Station
- Member of the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB)
- Member of the Automotive Aftermarket Retailers of Ontario (AARO)
- Member of ASA (Automotive Service Association) of USA
Our Commitment To The Environment
At Cochrane Automotive, we’re committed to our clients – and to the environment. Here are some of the ways we ensure that our Etobicoke auto repair facility stays clean and green:
- Freon Recovery – When servicing your air conditioning system we have the equipment to recover freon so it is not exhausted into the atmosphere.
- Recycle Tires – Used tires are sent to a certified tire recycler so they don’t end up in a landfill.
- Recycle Batteries – Our used batteries are collected by an Ontario certified waste battery handler to be recycled.
- Scrap Metal – Our scrap metal is picked up on a regular basis by a scrap metal dealer to reduce landfill waste.
- Recycle Antifreeze – Engine antifreeze is collected for recycling so we do not pollute the sewer system.
- Bulk Motor Oil – We buy engine oil in bulk to minimize solid waste from plastic bottles.
- Waste Oil – We recycle all of our waste oil.
- Recycle Oil Filters – All of our oil filters are recycled so they do not end up in the landfill.